I was nominated as a creative blogger by one of my beautiful scrapbook friends Lisa Gregory. We are joining up as a chain of fun blog hop tours where so many of us will get to meet new bloggers, get new inspiration and connect with blogs that will open up our creativity. This hop is sure to get your mojo going!
I was so blessed to have been nominated by my friend Lizzy Wurmann last week so this week I'll keep it short and sweet!
Here are my 4 questions that need to be answered before I pass along my nominations. I'll give you my answers then lead you to 3 amazing artists you will love visiting!
1. What am I working on?
Right now I am working on my two August projects for BoBunny, a custom order for my etsy shop and I need to be working on a dress form for a swap I am participating in with our Scraps of Darkness Community Swap.
I can only give you a sneak peek of one of BoBunny projects! Stay tuned for the full reveal on August 14th.
2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I love to layer and mix patterns in my work. When I begin my designs I work with the pattern papers and layering first and then add in mixed media elements. I notice most artists that consider themselves mixed media start with creating their backgrounds from different mediums. I enjoy working with the paper patterns and colors and having those be the main focus of my design. The mixed media portion is more the "icing on the cake" than the cake itself.
3. Why do I create what I do?
When I am working on design team projects I create based on my assignment. When I create on my own it really just depends on what i am working with and what inspires me.
4. How does your creative process work?
My creative process comes in bursts! I'll have tons of ideas and everything wants to show itself at once. Then I'll need time off to recharge that battery. I'm not an artist who creates every day or feels I should. I actually need breaks for my creative energy to restore itself.
Now onto these next 3 ladies who are all amazing artists in their own right.
1. Juliana Michaels is my incredibly patient design team coordinator at BoBunny. She does an amazing job keeping our team organized and answering our endless questions without ever missing a beat! She is on several major manufacturer design teams and creates beautiful cutting files that she shares for free on her blog! She has a wonderful traditional scrap style and I know you will be inspired by her!
2. Karolina Stopyra is a multi talented mixed media artist and designer. She has launched the wonderful stamp company 3rd Eye . Some of you may know it. If not you must check it out! I have had the great pleasure to work with Karolina on our Scraps of Darkness team. I love her interesting, innovative quirky style and I know you will too!
3. Laura Gilhuly is our social media director at Scraps of Darkness and a huge asset to our little family. She always goes out of her way to contribute whatever she can to make our community a little brighter and fun! Laura has a wonderful shabby grunge style and pulls it off beautifully with her flair for combining mixed media with distressing. I know you will find loads of inspiration on her blog!